Purina Food Program
Please refer to the following guidelines for information on how to sign up and order Purina diets for your pets. If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of your Purina Student Representatives. Thank you and have a great year!
STUDENT FOOD PROGRAM & RESIDENT FOOD PROGRAM
What is offered?
You may order up to 4 food items (1 food item = 1 bag of dry food, 1 flat of canned food, or 1 unit of treats), 2 FortiFlora/FortiFlora SA, 2 Calming Care, 6 Hydracare, and 2 litter products each month. Orders may be placed any time during the calendar month. Your order will be shipped to your personal home address (cannot be shipped to a hospital) anywhere in the continental US for only $2 per item.
What products are offered?
The following products are offered at significantly below clinic price through the Pet Food Program:
- All Purina Veterinary Diets for dogs & cats
- Select items from the Purina Pro Plan line for dogs & cats
- All Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Treats for dogs & cats
- Dental Chewz Canine Treats
- Digestive Health Bites Adult Dog Treats
- Gentle Snackers Canine Treats
- Lite Snackers Canine Treats
- OM Crunchy Bites Cat Treats
- Urinary Health Cat Treats
- All Purina Veterinary Supplements
- FortiFlora & FortiFlora SA for dogs & cats
- Calming Care for dogs and cats
- Hydra Care for cats
- Select Purina Cat Litter products
Product availability and pricing of specific products can be found by going to www.PurinaForProfessionals.com and logging in with your username and password or by reaching out to any of the Purina Student Representatives.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
New Users before September 15th:
At the beginning of the school year, students/faculty can create an account using their Davis .edu email address to view available products and pricing.
- In order to purchase items, students/faculty must pay the SAVMA Pet Food Program registration fee. (Those accounts that have not paid will be deactivated by September 15th.)
- To create an account:
- Go to the Purina ordering Web site: www.PurinaforProfessionals.com
- Click on the “Create Account” button.
- Fill out the account form and submit your information.
- Click on the link the confirmation email you receive from Purina.
- Create your security questions and password and log into your account.
New Users after September 15th:
- Pay the SAVMA Pet Food Program registration fee.
- Contact your Purina Student Representative notifying them that you are a new participant in order to activate your account.
- Follow the instructions above regarding how to create an account.
What if I already have a card?
If you already have a card, you can use the same log-in information you used last year to order food. We will verify that you have paid the SAVMA pet food program registration fee via Paypal before you are allowed to order.
If you receive a message stating that you account has expired please email email@example.com or call 1-888-777-1762.
How do I order:
- Go to the Purina ordering Web site: www.PurinaForProfessionals.com
- Log-in using your username and password.
- Go to "Shop", find your desired pet food item, and click "Add to Cart."
- If trying to order a veterinary diet, underneath that item, it will say, "You do not have a prescription. You must upload one." There should be a "Browse" button. Click on that button to upload the image of your prescription and then click submit. (You should be approved.)
- Once you have added all items you would like to order for the month (remember, you can only order once per calendar month even if you do not use all your credits), click "My Cart" and then "Checkout." Then click "Proceed to Checkout." Here you can enter your billing address, shipping address, and payment method information.
- After placing your order you will receive an e-mail confirming your order.
When should I expect my order?:
- You will receive a 2nd e-mail confirming that your item has shipped. Depending on specific item availability, this e-mail may come between 1 day to 2 weeks after placing your order.
- After you receive this e-mail, the product usually ships to your doorstep within 2-3 business days.
- If you have not received the shipping confirmation e-mail within 2 weeks of your order, or you have received the shipping e-mail but have not received the order within 1 week, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-777-1762.
If I have problems with the website/logging in/my order/etc?
- Please address all questions or concerns regarding use of the Web site or problems with ordering to email@example.com or call 1-888-777-1762.
- If you have questions about how to get signed up for the Purina pet food program or about how the program works, please direct them to any of your Purina Student Reps.
Student Representative Contact Information
Class of 2023:
Class of 2024: